Sherry C. Smith, ASA, MBA
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina 29577
At Zephyr Financial Corp., we base our valuations on thorough research, robust analysis, and a deep background in the real world of business investment and ownership. The firm, based in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, provides business appraisals of closely-held interests, professional practices, operating companies, and holding companies. We have performed hundreds of business valuation engagements in a wide variety of industries.
Our principal served in a senior management position with a large, diversified holding company, where she was in charge of investments. She continues to consult for that company and its owners on investment management matters. She has also served on the boards of several privately held for-profit companies.
This depth of experience allows Zephyr Financial Corp. to approach business appraisal assignments from the perspective of both a business owner and a professional consultant.
Business Valuation and Forensic Accounting Practice Services
- Tax-related appraisals for estate planning, gifting, and estate settlement;
- Litigation-related appraisals (as either an expert witness or a consultant), including divorce, shareholder disputes, and economic damages;
- Transaction-related appraisals, including value calculations for sale negotiations, buy/sell agreements, and recapitalizations;
- Consulting to business owners on financial planning, loan packages, capital structure, and value enhancement.
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA); The American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Business Appraiser (CBA) – as certified by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA) – Retired 2017
- Former Chair, Board of Governors, The Institute of Business Appraisers
- Former Editor, Business Appraisal Practice
- Frequent author and lecturer on business valuation topics
- B. A., magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa, Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina
- M.B.A., Fuqua School of Business, Duke University