R. Victor Haas, Jr., ASA, CPA, President
44 West Lancaster Avenue, Suite 125
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003
Haas Business Valuation Services Inc. is well-known and respected in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – New Jersey – Delaware tri-state area for the quality assistance it provides to business owners, attorneys, and other professionals in the areas of business valuation, forensic accounting, and litigation support. Mr. Haas has qualified as an expert witness and has provided testimony at both the federal level and in courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as well as New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia. He has been court appointed as a business valuation expert in Pennsylvania.
Too often, business valuations are done mechanically, essentially by formula, with no insight by the appraiser. Haas Business Valuation Services doesn’t work this way. Instead, we focus on finding the missing numbers, the hidden transaction, the absent piece of that complex puzzle upon which many business valuations center — and we do this in a manner that is supportable in a court of law or before the Internal Revenue Service. In other words, we get it right. These twin aims — getting behind the numbers and producing legally credible work — set us apart from our competitors.
Business Valuation Practice Services
- Corporate litigation support: Determining fair value of business interests in dissenter shareholder cases; calculating market value of corporations, subsidiaries, and divisions in bankruptcy cases; and quantifying lost profits and damages
- Personal litigation assistance: Determining fair market value of closely-held business for purposes of equitable distribution; performing investigative accounting services; providing testimony as to available income for support purposes; and tracing and establishing marital assets
- Assistance in estate planning: Determining fair market value of gift of closely-held stock; calculating fair market value of decedent’s interest in closely-held business; providing valuations for prenuptial agreements; and computing appropriate values for buy/sell or corporate redemption agreements
- Assistance in business planning: Developing exit planning strategies for business owners; creating pre-sale action plans to enhance value of business; utilizing a proprietary network of contacts to market businesses for sale; and calculating business value for built-in gains tax exposure.
- Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA); American Society of Appraisers
- Certified Public Accountant licensed in Pennsylvania
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the American Society of Appraisers
- B.A., Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut
- M.A., University of Chicago
- M.B.A. Finance and Accounting, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania